SV2 is hiring an Office & Communications Assistant! Interested in this opportunity, or know someone who might be? Read on to find out more!
POSITION: Office & Communications Assistant
SV2 is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Office & Communications Assistant who is passionate about building effective givers and change-makers and thriving nonprofit organizations. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with an exciting group of local philanthropists and dynamic nonprofit organizations, all the while gaining exposure to all aspects of nonprofit management.
Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund (commonly known as SV2) is a high-impact, nonprofit venture philanthropy partnership. SV2’s mission is to unleash the resources and talents of the Silicon Valley Community in support of promising social ventures to achieve measurable impact.
SV2 pursues its mission through an engaged giving model with three core lines of work:
- Grants & Investments: Our donors (called “Partners”) pool their capital to give financial support to high potential social ventures and work together to identify and fund the most promising organizations
- Beyond-the-Dollars Support: Many Partners roll up their sleeves and contribute time and expertise in service of SV2 Grantees’ needs
- Learning Programs: We offer workshops, speakers, and other opportunities for Partners and Grantees to augment their learning and growth
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office & Communications Assistant will be supervised by the Communications & Operations Manager and will work closely with the entire SV2 team. The role will primarily focus on supporting SV2’s operations and office management, but will also include broad exposure to all areas of SV2’s model, including supporting grantmaking, impact investing and learning programs; contributing to the implementation of improved data management tools and processes; and supporting key operational and development projects. Specific tasks will include:
Operations and Communications (30%)
- Office management support, including organizational file systems, maintaining and ordering office/kitchen supplies,
- Key role in helping create twice-monthly eNews, all-Partner communications, and social media
- Ongoing website support
- Support ongoing accounting and financials, including processing incoming revenue, invoices, and reimbursements
- Work with accounting firm to prepare Form 990 annual return
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
Event logistics (40%)
- Point person for event logistics, including creating and monitoring RSVP’s and related communications
- Set up and break down before and after events, including nametags, handouts, and table/chair setup
- Help with podcasts and/or videotaping and capturing meeting notes for knowledge management
Partner Life-Cycle Support (30%)
- Support a current and accurate Partner database in Salesforce, including creating new entries for prospective Partners and updating Partner records
- Prepare Partner tax acknowledgement letters, donation receipts, thank you cards
- Ongoing support of my.SV2, SV2’s online collaboration platform
- Passion for the mission, model, and work of SV2
- Outstanding attention to detail and service orientation
- Demonstrated success working independently and taking initiative
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrated success working effectively in fast-paced, highly collaborative, fluid work environments where flexibility and teamwork are required
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Project management ability
- Sense of humor and fun!
- Experience using Excel, Salesforce.com, and/or other database programs
- Experience planning and executing events
- Understanding of philanthropy and the nonprofit sector
NATURE OF THE POSITION
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. Hours are generally in regular business hours, with occasional evening commitments.
Application deadline is Feb. 20, 2017. To apply, please send a letter of interest and your resume (in one PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.