POSITION: Operations Manager
SV2 is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Operations Manager who is passionate about nonprofit management and excited about working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
About SV2- Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund
SV2 – Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund is a vibrant giving network of more than 200 Partners who come together to learn about effective giving and pool their money and talent to support promising social ventures throughout Silicon Valley and the world.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Grantmaking & Operations, work closely with the entire SV2 team, and interact regularly with Partners, Grantees and Impact Investees. As the operational and administrative backbone of the organization, this person will oversee all financial, HR, and office management functions of the organization and provide core support for SV2 events and programming. This position offers a hands-on opportunity to learn and manage the day-to-day operations of an innovative, scaling nonprofit organization.
This a full-time, 40 hour/week salaried role with benefits.
Specific tasks may include:
Financial Management (30%)
- Work with accountant to prepare monthly financial statements and financial reports to the Board
- Manage grant agreements and disbursements in collaboration with the Director of Grantmaking
- Track and log all incoming Partner contributions, institutional grants and program service revenue
- Serve as financial point of contact for all vendors; field and pay all invoices
- Process all staff reimbursements and corporate credit card reconciliation
- Manage the preparation and filing of annual Form 990 tax return
Human Resources (10%)
- Manage employee payroll, health insurance, retirement savings accounts, and Paid Time Off
- Oversee all new employee and fellow/intern onboarding and training on organizational systems
Office & Events Management (30%)
- Coordinate preparation and logistics for all grantmaking, impact investing, and learning events, including RSVPs, catering, nametags, etc.
- Set up and break down space for all events and provide needed event supplies
- Provide A/V support for events, including audio or video capture when applicable
- Take meeting notes when needed
- Office and facilities set-up and maintenance
- Serve as contact liaison for all vendors, service providers, and landlord
- Oversee equipment maintenance, repair and acquisition and their service contracts, including IT
- Set up & maintain organizational filing systems, both physical and online
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Salesforce database maintenance
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
Program Support (20%)
- Work closely with SV2 program staff to provide administrative and logistical support for all grantmaking, impact investing, and learning programming – responsibilities may include creating and printing handouts, facilitating communications to Partners, data entry, etc.
- Manage the my.SV2 internal collaboration platform, including maintaining my.SV2 communities for each program, circulating resources, shared file storage, etc.
- Support scheduling Board meetings, Board Committee meetings, and other relevant meetings as needed; work with Executive Director to prepare background materials
- Take and file Board and Board Committee meeting minutes
- Assist with scheduling internal and external meetings
- Oversee training on organizational systems for staff and interns
- Other projects and duties that may arise
- Passion for the mission, model, and work of SV2
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving capabilities; outstanding attention to detail; ability to prioritize tasks and work under deadlines
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated success working effectively in fast-paced, highly collaborative, work environments where flexibility and teamwork are required; comfort with ambiguity
- Project management ability
- Service orientation
- Growth mindset
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, and/or other database programs
- Relevant operations, finance and/or office administration experience
- Interest in social impact and philanthropy
- Sense of humor
APPLICATION – Deadline: April 2, 2018
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume (in one PDF) with the subject line in the following format — YOUR NAME, OPERATIONS MANAGER — to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 2, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so earlier applications are preferred. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!