SV2 Board Member
Kelly Pope was elected to the SV2 Board in 2012. She also participates in the Education grant round and the Collective Impact R&D team.
Kelly is an experienced entrepreneur with a background in educational technology and interactive software design. In 2004, Kelly co-founded Interschola, a company providing online auction services to the education market. Kelly has held executive management positions at several interactive software companies including Electronic Arts, Sun and Borland. While serving as the VP of Engineering at Classroom Connect she managed the technology team that developed one of the first online interactive curriculum programs for the K-12 marketplace.
- In 2008, Kelly and her husband David participated in an intensive executive leadership program in donor program TPW West. As part of a small cohort of individuals Kelly had the opportunity to work with prominent figures from the fields of philanthropy, policy, and public management to develop a deep understanding of the nonprofit sector and strategies for maximizing effectiveness. Through this program, Kelly further developed her interest and understanding of social entrepreneurship and innovative approaches to impact social change. Her work now focuses in four primary areas of education:
- Early (0-4) and middle school education
- Quality expanded learning time programs
- Using technology to create transformative learning environments, specifically related to personalized education (i.e., intelligent content delivery and assessment)
- Engaging girls in learning math and science (STEM)
In early 2011, Kelly became a Silicon Valley Encore Fellow, working with Education Champions on national education reform focused on closing the achievement gap. In addition, Kelly serves as board chair to the California Advisory Board for Citizen Schools, a national organization that partners with low income middle schools to expand the learning day.
Kelly participated in the early funding of the Girls Middle School in Mountain View, CA, and has previously held board positions at the University of the Pacific and the Montalvo Arts Center. She attended the US Air Force Academy and UC Davis where she earned a B.S. in Electrical Engineering. Kelly’s other interests include tennis, playing the piano, food and wine, travel, and spending quality time with her husband and 2 dogs.