We’re thrilled to announce that Redwood City Together was selected as the new Community Initiative Grantee Partner, and will receive $500,000 of unrestricted funding over the next three years.
This amazing Grantee Partner was selected by a Core Team of community leaders, SV2 Partners, and staff who made this grant decision on behalf of SV2. Join us for a “Shareback Session” (Wednesday, January 25 from 11am-12pm on Zoom) to hear more about the Core Team’s process and learn about the work of Redwood City Together. Having community leaders so deeply involved in shaping a grantmaking strategy and funding allocation is a significant step for SV2 towards participatory grantmaking, and is a way we are seeking to live our value of sharing power. This was a new approach for us, and the learnings were rich and deep. Join us to hear more and enter into that experience! RSVP here.
Redwood City Together (RWCT) advances the success of youth and families in Redwood City and North Fair Oaks through community collaboration. Through our learning process about RWCT, the Core Team members were impressed by Redwood City Together’s
- strong BIPOC leadership, with commitment to developing community leadership in partner agencies;
- strong connections both to grassroots community and to city government;
- systems-level thinking and partnerships to drive systems change;
- inclusion of youth voice;
- deep partnerships with many community based organizations, including multiple SV2 Grantee Partners in the North Fair Oaks community;
- many entry points and stated desire for engagement with SV2 Partners in various volunteer and engagement roles
We are so excited to start engaging with this dynamic and impactful initiative working deeply in their community! We expect there will be many engagement points for SV2 Partners, from direct volunteering in the community, to participating on RWCT working groups, to attending SV2 events where RWCT and their partner agencies share their work.
Here are a few next steps you can take to engage (and there will be many more along the way, this is just a start):
- Let us know of your interest by filling out this short form (no commitment, just interest!)
- Come to a Shareback Learning Lab hosted by the Core Team, as they share more about what it was like to make this grant decision on behalf of SV2. This was a new approach for us, and the learnings were rich and deep. Join us on January 25 from 11am-12pm on Zoom to hear more and enter into that experience! RSVP here.
- Read a summary of RWCT’s work and structure in this Overview Document – it describes the Community Initiative process as well as much more detail about RWCT.
- You can read notes and/or listen to recordings from the Coffee Chats, Collaboration Brainstorm sessions, and the November 1 meeting when the initiatives shared their work with SV2 Partners.
Reach out to Jody Chang any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.