SV2 is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial Director of Strategic Partnerships to develop and cultivate strategic partnerships, manage SV2 donor recruitment, and spearhead communications and marketing efforts. The position will work closely with and report to SV2’s CEO.
Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund (commonly known as SV2) is a vibrant community of givers and change-makers who come together to learn about effective giving and pool their resources to invest in innovative nonprofits and for-profit social ventures. SV2 envisions a more equitable and sustainable Bay Area and world where everyone thrives. Our mission is to unleash the resources and talents of the Silicon Valley community to achieve meaningful social impact. SV2 pursues this mission through an engaged giving model with three core lines of work:
- Grants & Impact Investments: Our donors (called “Partners”) pool their capital to give financial support to high potential social ventures and work together to identify and fund the most promising organizations
- Beyond-the-Dollars Support: Many Partners roll up their sleeves and contribute time and expertise in service of SV2 Grantees’ needs
- Learning Programs: We offer workshops, speakers, and other opportunities for Partners and Grantees to augment their learning and growth
Five guiding principles inform SV2’s strategies. These principles represent the values and purpose that SV2 seeks to infuse in our work:
- We will foster a community of continuous learners with Partners, Grantees, Investees, and community members.
- We will broaden the voices involved in our work as we seek to break down the traditional power dynamics in philanthropy.
- We will be leaders in practices that align giving and investing with personal values.
- We will work with our network of change makers to drive impact in our Bay Area community.
- Equity is a central through line in our work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will build SV2’s public presence and awareness by developing strategic partnerships, including opportunities for co-sponsored programming. The role will interface with prospective Partners to help them understand SV2’s impact and mission and motivate them to join our community. The role will also spearhead a compelling media and marketing presence essential to propelling SV2’s impact over time. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be a key player on a small, dynamic staff team that works flexibly and collaboratively in service of SV2’s mission. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the CEO. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop strategic partnerships with other high potential networks and funders
- Develop opportunities for co-sponsored events and programming to increase visibility and pipeline
- Represent SV2 as a spokesperson in a variety of public forums
- Explore opportunities to grow and expand SV2’s revenue model, including earned revenue opportunities, corporate partnerships, etc.
Partner Recruitment & Pipeline Development
- Set and meet annual Partner recruitment targets
- Build strong Partner recruitment pipeline
- Close prospective Partners at a giving level commensurate with their financial capacity
- Represent SV2 at community and sector events to raise SV2’s public profile
- Support CEO, Board, and Partners with talking points and strategies to engage their own networks
Communications and Marketing
- Develop strategy and create content for SV2’s external-facing communications, including website, eNews, and social media
- Work with team to execute internal and external messaging
- Create and disseminate SV2’s annual Impact Report
- Passion for social change and commitment to equity
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills, with the ability to engage and motivate a wide range of audiences
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners
- Comfortable making fundraising “asks”
- Demonstrated success working effectively in fast-paced, collaborative, fluid work environments
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and participate as a highly-effective team member
- Strong organizational skills, with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, flexibility, good humor, and humility
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE BRINGS
- Experience working with individual donors and/or philanthropic sector leaders
- Experience in marketing and communications
- Experience delivering programming virtually
- Comfort with using or ability to learn a wide variety of technology platforms
SALARY, BENEFITS, and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The annual starting salary for the Director of Strategic Partnerships is $110,000 – $120,000. This full-time position meets the exemption requirements as defined by state and federal law. Hours are generally regular business hours, with occasional evening or weekend commitments. SV2’s benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan with employer match, funds for professional development, and five weeks of paid time off per year.
Hybrid Work Environment:
SV2 is committed to the safety of our staff and to facilitating connection and community with one another. We have been working remotely since March 2020, but we are moving slowly into a hybrid work environment. We expect that going forward, we will be in our Redwood City office some days during the week, and working from home some days. We also expect that some of our programming will remain virtual and some will be conducted in person, including some evening and/or weekend events. Please note that in a constantly changing environment, SV2 team members will need to maintain flexibility.
SV2 is committed to providing our staff with a safe work environment and helping to promote the health of our community. As such, SV2 will require all employees to confidentially show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless they are unable to receive the vaccine because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
SV2 values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. SV2 is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity organization. We are committed to equity and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume (in one PDF) with the subject line in the following format — YOUR NAME, DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS — to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!